AmigaActive (2026/2143)

From:Alan Buxey
Date:31 May 2000 at 11:14:34
Subject:Re: CyberGfx 3.x

hi,

> From: Neil Bothwick <neil@wire.net.uk>
> Date: 31-May-00
> Subject: Re: [amigactive] CyberGfx 3.x
>
> Hello Neil,
>
> > Alan Buxey said,
>
> >> they *can* use CGX3.x - but only with the latest 41.21a driver.
> >> This used to be on Phase5 web site....but that no longer exists
> >> and no, DCE *havent* got it on their website. pity the users!
> >> (and VGR's links all go to Phase5!!)
>
> >> So, I'm asking...is it possible to have the latest release of CGX3.x
> >> - aka cgxsystem.library 41.21a on the next AACD coverdisk?
>
> > It would be possible, if we had the library to include. If someone has
> > the complete archive, as downloaded from P5's site, can you send it to
> > me. The library alone is no good, I'd like the cxomplete archive so I've
> > got all the readmes etc.
>
> I have just had a look at the archive cgxv41_r71.lha and the cgxsystem.library
> is version 41.22 (11/03/1999) and is available at http://www.vgr.com/cybergfx/

yes, dont worry...after 7 days of contacting people about this at VGR, DCE,
H&P and several other places (including a rant and rave on 3 Amiga mailling
lists) brand new links have suddenly appeared on http://www.vgr.com

as said above, the files needed are the top two links on the file tabel on

http://www.vgr.com/cybergfx/files.html

As also pointed out, these wont work as well as Cybergfx4.x, but at least
Warp3D will now work on peoples BVision cards (phew!)

it'd be nice to see this as a news boxout in the next AA

alan

Hot off the press- summer's here!
School's out and it's sizzling hot. Whether you're planning a
graduation party, a summer brunch, or simple birthday party,
shop GreatEntertaining.com before your next celebration.